Search found 12 matches

by lucdataman
Wed Jun 17, 2026 12:32 pm
Forum: General Questions
Topic: Alternative to Datasette for SQL Server
Replies: 1
Views: 103

Alternative to Datasette for SQL Server

I love Datasette but want to be able to use it on a SQL Server database instead of SQlite. Anyone know of any good alternatives that come close? Specifically I'm looking for the ability to easily facet, filter, and write SQL queries in a web browser and have all that information be stored in the URL ...
by lucdataman
Wed Jun 17, 2026 12:14 pm
Forum: Retro
Topic: Burrito PSA
Replies: 2
Views: 129

Re: Burrito PSA

Not only am I talking to myself on this discussion forum, but I'm treating it as a social media posting website as well! When I use social media, I want it to behave like a discussion forum, and when I use a discussion forum I expect it to behave like a social media feed. :oops:
by lucdataman
Mon Jun 15, 2026 1:06 pm
Forum: Walks
Topic: Touring Presque Isle
Replies: 1
Views: 124

Re: Touring Presque Isle

Cigarette butt and rubber band. Nice.
by lucdataman
Mon Jun 15, 2026 1:06 pm
Forum: Retro
Topic: "Handcrafted" website
Replies: 1
Views: 64

Re: "Handcrafted" website

Cool! Needs more code samples, though.
by lucdataman
Mon Jun 08, 2026 9:31 am
Forum: Retro
Topic: "Handcrafted" website
Replies: 1
Views: 64

"Handcrafted" website

Check out this "handcrafted" website: https://oldschool.lucdaigle.net
by lucdataman
Mon Jun 08, 2026 9:29 am
Forum: Prompts
Topic: Frankenstein Cuisine
Replies: 1
Views: 108

Re: Frankenstein Cuisine

PLOT TWIST: it turns out Dr. Frankenstein is being controlled by a dead rat pulling at his hair and the whole story is actually the origin story of what will eventually become the fast food industry.
by lucdataman
Fri Jun 05, 2026 3:30 pm
Forum: Essays
Topic: On the effectiveness of online forums
Replies: 1
Views: 124

On the effectiveness of online forums

I'm dating myself a bit by calling them "online forums", but I'm curious to explore how more traditional online forums stack up to social media when it comes to effectively relaying information to people.
by lucdataman
Fri Jun 05, 2026 1:23 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Need forum for writing prompts
Replies: 4
Views: 184

Re: Need forum for writing prompts


You're on a deserted island. Alone. You're only companion is a volley ball.

Go.


Damn. I wish I had some matches. Or a cell phone. Or a prayer in hell of being rescued.

Those were my thoughts as I lay on my back in the leaf litter, staring into the clear sky above, exhausted and tearful after ...
by lucdataman
Fri Jun 05, 2026 1:11 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Need forum for writing prompts
Replies: 4
Views: 184

Need forum for writing prompts

A place to submit and respond to writing prompts would be nice.
by lucdataman
Fri Jun 05, 2026 12:39 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Need forum for screenplays
Replies: 7
Views: 167

Re: Need forum for screenplays

Approved.